The summer of 2021 saw a massive influx of LDD caterpillars with a great deal of defoliation on the south side of the island. We want to be ready for 2022, and have been researching the problem and potential solutions.
- Aerial spraying application. Click Here
- LDD/gypsy moth presentation from the BIRPOA meeting is available for download: here.
- BTK (Bacillus thuringiensis) is the active ingredient in aerial spray. What is it? How safe is it? Click Here
- DIY TECHNIQUES for controlling LDD populations. Click Here
- TREEAZIN – a way of innocculating specific trees. Click Here
- HEALTH CANADA pest management. Click Here
- LDD moth life cycle from the University of Michigan. Click Here