We are the only group providing:
- Liaison and advocacy with township council for islander concerns such as garbage and recycling pickup
- Maintenance of cross island walking paths
- Maintenance and management of the island library
- Website for communication, education, and relevant information, Twitter account and Facebook group
- Representation on FOCA (Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations)
At the marina we provide for members only, exclusive use of:
- luggage carts for transporting between parking area and dockside
- Battery booster for boats and cars
- Message board for events, activities and notices to islanders
Membership in the association is normally just $40 per year—but because of all the issues caused by the corona virus and the extra expenses many have incurred, the Executive has waved dues for this 2020 year.
See the message above; this is our normal message: We need your membership to keep Birch Island an enjoyable and safe place for our families to escape to! Please take the time to fill out the online membership form. Please leave the completed form and cheque in the BIRPOA ‘drop box’ at the Sand Lake Marine office. Thank You.