HELLO BIRCH ISLANDERS!
You are invited to an ALL ISLAND REUNION on September 5. (Rain date Sept 6) 11 am, at #33 in Limekiln Bay.
The reunion is sponsored by BIRPOA, your Island Association.
Not a member? NOOO Problem. We want as many folks to come as possible.
After the long restrictions of COVID, it’s high time to see old friends, meet new neighbors, and share island life. Our US islanders have finally been able to return to the island after nearly 2 years away and there’s lots to catch up on.The reunion is all about getting people together, but we have also worked up an interesting and varied menu of easy to carry foods that you can pick up, walk around with while talking. We will have:
- Samosas, that wonderful Indian delight, a baked pastry with savory filling
- Chicken Tikka: chicken bits that have been baked with an interesting mix of spices.
- Walkaround Frito Pie: a small bag of Fritos, opened and filled with chili, to which one can add cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Pasta salad in a cup. No explanation needed here!
- Carrot sticks, celery, etc.
- Ice cream cones – an annual tradition
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Water and soft drinks
Do bring chairs. Arrive on foot, or by kayak or canoe, or get dropped off by boat (but docking will be very scarce). Guests that weekend? Sure, bring ’em.
We will hold a very brief business (AGM) meeting with news, small reports, and an election.
RSVP by text to 519-200-8519 or click here.
We really hope to see you there!